The Vermont Apartment Owners Association has been advocating for landlord's rights since 1974. We employ a full-time lobbyist. We keep you up to date on pending legislation, and provide you with notice of public hearings.
We tell you of how your legislators voted so they are accountable to you.
As a result of our lobbying efforts we have:
- Established court rent escrow procedures
- Fought Rent Control proposals
- Introduced and help pass legislation to speed up the eviction process
- Fought for more balance in the lead paint hazard laws
- Proposed legislation to make it a crime to destroy a landlord's property
- Fought proposals to limit security deposits
- Fought legislation which would create a perpetual tenancy
- Helped pass a Farm Employee eviction bill
For information on bills currently before the legislature, click here.
For general information on the Vermont Legislature, click here.